I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to try out indicustom’s offerings for their custom denim, and knew that you would be interested in learning about it. A bunch of readers have emailed me about the brand, but from those who have tried it, I’ve gotten some pretty mixed responses.
The ordering process itself was simple – I didn’t feel like I needed to know any information about myself that I couldn’t get with the little tape measure they sent and choosing the wash was much easier than I expected (the Geary just kind of popped out at me).
A couple of things I noted as I was making my pair:
- I felt abnormally busty and small-waisted when I was just slightly over and under both of their highest/lowest options. I realize these are not the worst issues in the world to have, but it did leave me with a bit of concern how the jeans would fit without perfect accuracy. So, I chatted with them via email to get the right numbers on the pair.
- Bust line and cup size, I guess I get. I can see how that helps you create a body shape. But no request for hip measurements? Hmm. I gave it to them via email anyways.
So, how did they turn out?
What I’m Wearing (other than the jeans, of course!):
Some things to note about these indidenim custom jeans:
- I asked for an average rise, but I’d consider these to be high. They are actually 9 1/4″ in the front. Maybe this was done out of concern for the waist measurements I gave, who knows. I don’t mind too much, as they still fit extremely well.
- The inseam is PERFECT. I can easily wear these with both flats or heels (as you can see above) with no concern.
- I am SO glad that I chose the Lightweight Geary. These are crazy soft and have just the right amount of stretch to them.
All the stitching on these looks great. The style is perfect for longer shirts (like my Theory button-down, seen above) or tunics (I don’t normally wear high-waisted jeans without something longer on top!), and easy to wear. The whiskering is flattering but doesn’t dominate the look and the pockets are all lined in a fun burnt orange color (something that would have been cool? Choosing my own inner pocket design!).
I think that for those of you who have slightly harder to fit bodies, there’s definitely potential here for indidenim to offer something great. You’ll need to be very clear and precise with your measurements, but you can get a final result that you’re happy with (they will do returns/exchanges, as well!).
What do you think about these indidenim custom jeans?