We were lucky enough to interview the founder of Dylan George, Danny Guez. There were a few questions that we had to ask (like where the name Dylan George came from!) and a few more that we’re excited to hear more about!
My son’s name is Dylan George Guez – it’s named after him.
2. Where does your inspiration for new styles come from?
I’m most inspired by the fashion world around me. I’ve always had a great passion for the industry, and seeing the talent, drive, and creativity of my peers keeps me driven to create my best work.
3. How did you begin your love affair with denim?
I was born with a denim spoon in my mouth. It’s the family trade.
4. What is your favorite look from the new fall 2012 Dylan George collections (for both men and women) and why?
Our Men’s collection has an amazing stretch selvedge in three different washes, from distressed to raw. The sturdy selvedge feel is still there, but the 1% lycra creates a little give for added comfort. Our women’s collection has an unrivaled assortment of abstract prints and florals in bold colors. What I’m most excited about is the launch our new fit – The Runway. It’s a mid-rise skinny that we put an immense amount of time into the on-model fitting to make sure it feels as great as it looks.
5. Why should people choose Dylan George over other denim brands? What – in your opinion – makes the brand stand out?
Our brand calls to the women that want to be sexy and comfortable. Our fabrics are incredibly soft with great recovery and we spend a lot of time making sure our fits perfect. Our men’s line is also about comfort. The collection features raw, vintage, and coated washes, as well as pieces colored twill – there is something for every guy.
6. Share a little bit about Abbot + Main. How did this collection come about and how does it relate to Dylan George?
Color, Comfort, Luxury. We wanted to create a comfortable yet sophisticated collection that captures the Venice Beach laid back vibe while still encompassing the LA Fashion Culture. It combines luxurious soft fabrics with flattering fits – Abbot+Main is the perfect complement to Dylan George Denim.
7. What made you get into this business… and why do you think that Dylan George can defy the odds?
It’s always been a lifelong passion – I grew up living and breathing denim. As it relates specifically to Dylan George, I wanted to feel the space between high-end luxury denim and denim made for comfort. I have a great team with amazing foresight, which allows us to stay cutting edge.
8. Any last anecdotes or comments for Denim Debutante readers?
Well, we’re so excited to announce that Dylan George and Abbot + Main will now be carried by Bloomingdale’s and Bloomingdales.com. Also, be sure to be on the lookout for our 2012 campaign with Kellan Lutz & Kate Upton.