Things I love about this pair:
- These jeans feel a lot stretchier than just 98% cotton 2% spandex as it says on the tag. They are lightweight and move with the body in a way very similar to denim leggings. They run True To Size and are really comfortable.
- I really do like the silhouette. It’s a modern flare that I’ve never tried before, and I’ve gotten a few compliments on the jeans. Paige calls it a “tulip flare.”
- I can picture myself wearing these with many different types of shoes, although I’ve mostly been wearing them with wedges.
- The black wash can pretty much go anywhere, possibly even the office depending on what else you wear with it.
- The back pocket placement and pocket size are flattering. Paige does have embroidered pocket styles, but I personally prefer the plain ones. The plain back pockets don’t distract from the cut of the jeans.
Hem opening: 20” flare
I love these jeans. They are different from anything I own. But the one thing that bugs me? I still don’t consider these a petite inseam. After doing some research, it looks like the Petite Lou Lou is generally a 33” inseam. Mine is an inch shorter for some reason, though I am definitely not complaining about that. A pair that has an inseam of 30” or under I would consider petite. These are more for a woman of average height, or petite with really high heels (because I’m wearing 4” booties in the pictures).
I truly do commend Paige Premium Denim for offering jeans in more than one inseam. However, I think I speak for all women, tall or short, when I say that brands need to step it up and offer several inseam options, not just one or two.
If you’re interested in trying out this style, you can get it in a variety of washes at PaigeUSA.com.