Here’s C. modeling a pair of Monarchy Jeans from their Spring/Summer 2011 collection. You’ve seen the MNRKY Lookbook for Fall here on the site, but now we get to share a little bit about sizing, fit and more, all so you can get the right pair! Note that C. is a bit dwarfed by this inseam – not his fault or the jeans, and they still look pretty fantastic on him.
Style: Classic Straight Leg
Size: 30 waist/34 inseam
A couple of notes about the MNRKY pair:
- These jeans, as you can tell, were pretty long – especially for someone with a 31″ inseam like C. But they’re easily hemmed thanks to the cut and the lack of honeycombing (the whisker marks at the back of the knee) means that these still look natural on a shorter person post-hem.
- The back pockets on this pair are more of a modern style – they sit a bit lower and are longer than more traditional styles.
- The stitching on the back pocket is a creative representation of an “M” – as in, MNRKY/Monarchy.
- One of C.’s notes was that the jeans were snug at the waist and through the thigh, but they didn’t give that appearance either in person or in pictures.
- These jeans offer something surprisingly different (that us girls don’t really think about): they’re a zipper fly.
From the girl perspective, I’m a huge fan of this wash. Most men’s denim doesn’t come in pure blue anymore, and the color on these pops even more in person. They’re definitely trendier than most of what C. wears but I think it works really well for a night out – probably not so much of a daytime look. And they’re a good blend between high trend and basic blues – a line that most brands can’t tread on.
MNRKY/Monarchy Jeans run from waist size 28-42 and are available at MonarchyCollection.com. Pairs start at $128 retail and offer details like hand-sanding, flap pockets and more.
Do you love this look for guys? Share your thoughts about MNRKY Jeans in the comments!