Blogger Update: Whirlwind Life

by Jaime on October 21, 2010

Wow. They say that there are some things that will happen to you that are truly life-changing. When you go though three (and four, if we double one out as it has happened twice), you’ll find yourself a bit shaken up.

And that’s really where I am today. A bit shaken up. While I know this is all so amazing, and I’m one of the truly lucky ones, I’m still fairly exhausted from everything that has and will happen. That probably won’t totally subside until January (of course, right?!?), but I know there’s an end goal, and that’s what is really great about all of this.

Let’s kick off with the good (or bittersweet, depending on your outlook) news: I have gotten a new job! ShopAtHome.com has been so insanely good to me and working there has been an amazing experience but, like all things, it was time to take the next step. So, I’ve taken a position as Social Media Marketing Analyst in Seattle.

But with that also means that I’ll be making a move… to Seattle. This is new territory for me; I’ve been to Seattle before and thoroughly loved it. I’m excited for this new opportunity to meet new people and get out of my comfort zone, but I’m also – understandably – scared. While I do have friends out there, it puts me farther away from my family, which is definitely hard. But none of them have been to Seattle before; so new trips for them!

So, here comes the sad news: about two months ago, C. and I decided that it would be best if I moved out. Since this was such a personal thing in my life, it was hard for me to find a way to share this with you guys, especially since I don’t want to betray any of C.’s privacy in sharing too much. I do love him terribly, but we’re currently on different paths (which, with this relocation to Seattle have become even more different). He’s still very much in my life but in a new way and, while that has at times been heart-wrenching, we know that the move was in both of our best interests.

For those of you who have been emailing me concerned, I hope now I’ve alleviated some of your worry. I think that every good step in life requires a little fear and some risk… without that risk, there would be no rewards. Am I scared? Most definitely. Do I think it will be worth it? I do. I truly do.

This is your chance to ask any questions or voice your opinions about all of this (please, for my sake, keep it clean and courteous), so feel free to do it via comment or, if you want your message to be more personal (and I totally understand and respect that), email me at [email protected] Please respect the fact that I may not want to answer any personal questions, but I’ll try to do my best with everything.

Vanessa S October 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I just wanted to stop by and offer my congrats!!

Janine October 21, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Fuck yeah West Coast!
Janine recently posted..Sunday Link LoveMy Profile

Yoyo October 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Hey JP,
Congratulations on the new job. I’m sorry you moved out. I hope everything’s betterish now. Also, feel free to let me know if you need anything once you’ve moved to Seattle (I go to school in Tacoma which is relatively closeish….?). Anything at all! Even just if you want to grab coffee and talk to somebody.

paula October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oh Jaime – I had a feeling many things were going on for you! I am happy for your move and new job – sorry about the moving out part, though. Change is hard, but sometimes necessary. You will love the West Coast (of course, I would say that!!!) Seattle is an awesome city. Congrats!!

sandy October 22, 2010 at 10:20 am

Congrats on all the movement and improvements in your life (and really, even the sad things will take on a whole new meaning in short order), and have FUN in Seattle!

Your job might interest my brother, who’s currently the VP for his company (Cheskin). Google him – his name is Steve Diller, and he co-wrote a book called “Making Meaning.” What Steve basically does is media marketing through focus groups, looking for what draws a customer to a product and then provides that valuable data to his client. Cheskin is owned by a firm called Added Value, so look them up too.

The reason I’m passing all this along to you is that you might need Steve’s mad skills, and it could turn into a very positive experience for you should you choose to take a peek into the world of media marketing and how it might benefit Coinstar.

Good luck, and keep the faith! I just hope you can keep up with your blog too….btw, Current Elliot is on Swirl right now! Woot!

Renae October 22, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I had thought you had a lot going on, as well, but I’m not one to pry, dear. I’m excited for your new job, but sorry to hear of your moving out. You’ll love Seattle! We’ve got that area on our “dream sheet” for the military. Good luck, Jaime! Keep me posted on how everything goes ~ I’ll keep up the work as my crazy life permit and keep up the guest blogs as well!

June October 22, 2010 at 10:47 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your moving out. Congratulations on the new job! Seattle will be great for you! My fiance and I took a vacation there in the summer (he proposed while we were at the Seattle Japanese Garden). We loved the city and hope to go back one day.

C October 29, 2010 at 8:01 am

Aw, congrats on the job+ move, terribly sorry about the break up, and bummed that we’re losing another Denver-and-or-Colorado-based fashion blogger! There aren’t many of us to begin with, so it’s always a bit of a bummer to see another move on- although if it’s for bigger + better things, then it’s definitely the right move to make.

Best of luck & I’ll continue to be a reader even if you’re based somewhere else. ;)
C recently posted..See Chloe Shop Happenin TodayMy Profile

Britni Granbois August 31, 2011 at 10:17 am

You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.