Denim Brands We Want to Know: Sinclair Jeans

by Jaime on August 17, 2010

I have a tiny little secret that some of you probably already know: to get everything done in my life, I wake up super early – around four AM – and that’s when I write some of my meatier posts. I’m a traditional morning person, so it’s not that big of a deal.

But, there are times where I find myself wandering off on a tangent that I hadn’t planned on taking. This one took me to the LA Times, where I found a sneak peek about a new denim brand coming down the pike: Sinclair Jeans.

Dichotomies appeal to Vincent Flumiani. “I read a biography about Upton Sinclair—he’s a badass and a dick,” says the L.A.-based designer. “It’s because of him that a lot of things in the U.S. are good and bad.” Considering Flumiani “wanted to do something that was very American, and that’s what denim is,” the name Sinclair Jeans fits the bill. Pairs in the Architectural Collection—including the Eero legging jean (seen here in Kiss & Tell wash with metallic paint, $242)—may exude a thoroughly modern vibe, but they’re crafted in a decidedly muckraking-era manner. “We’re antiquated—no computer or machine can cut rounded edges like a human,” he says. And cut they do: The intricate Eero demands up to 85 pattern pieces; most jeans require just 25 to 35. “We’re old school, but it’s paying off.”

These jeans are already available at Revolve Clothing, but I don’t know much else about them. However, what I do know? I want a pair!

Share your thoughts… I want to know if this brand is a hit or miss in your opinion.

Leah August 17, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I believe he’s also the designer for an LA based line called Caulfield Preparatory. That collection is all men’s I believe. Sometimes I’n hesitant when a men’s wear line designs women’s. But it could also be a case of he totally knows what works from a really unbiased place and the jeans rock. I’d like to see them up close too :)

cleverly August 17, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Total coincidence that I just read about this brand yesterday here http://thatsorad.blogspot.com/2010/08/sinclair-new-denim-brand.html and the details look really cool. I love that the rivets are different and moved around on each pair.

Sitara August 22, 2010 at 8:26 pm

The jeans in the picture are really awesome, in my opinion. I’ve never seen anyone use metallic paint before!
Speaking of coincidences, I’m reading Upton Sinclair’s book The Jungle right now :P

Marty August 30, 2010 at 10:28 am

Yes, the Sinclair jeans are available at http://www.bluebee.com and the fit on the women’s is impeccable! We have had them in our stores for about two weeks and they are our best selling brand in the store – for women and for men!

Savannah June 7, 2011 at 11:39 am

My mom actually bought me my first pair she found at a consignment store… they fit perfect! they are absolutely comfortable and the length is just perfect since most jeans can run to long (im 5’4”) i am definately going to be purchasing more jeans from this brand :)

tt August 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

just got my hand on a pair of coe jegging. very comfy yet so stylish, the slimming effect is amazing. even better than my gummy jeans,very true to size. would recommand to everyone.