Would You Wear: Acid Washed Denim?

by Jaime on July 26, 2010

Sometimes, I buy a pair of jeans because they’re either a) totally different from anything I own, b) an insanely good price or c) surprisingly intriguing. These Kova and T acid wash jeans have fulfilled all the criteria necessary to land in my closet and on the site, with one small hitch: they’re acid washed.

Listen, we all know the 80′s are back, but how far are we going to take it? Acid wash is one of those dilemmas. With my pair, I decided to play up the fun with one of my favorite burnout tees and some leather shoes that totally resemble Jellies (remember those?!?!):

So, you’ve seen me in mine… but what are YOUR thoughts?!?!

My personal fashion motto is to never take anything too seriously. Fashion, like all forms of art, is supposed to be fun and rewarding, and while this pair of Acid Wash jeans won’t stay stylish too far beyond this season (which I’m not too offended about for $10 – thanks, Hautelook!), I’m having a blast with them while I can.

You can buy Kova and T items at Tobi.com.

Erin July 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I think they’re very cute. Hey how do you like Kova & T in general? I ordered a pair but they were “LOST” by UPS… :( :( I am still waiting for HauteLook to sort that mess out :( so sad.
Erin recently posted..In Search of Guest Bloggers!My Profile

Jaime July 26, 2010 at 3:03 pm

How frustrating! I like them… bought a burnout tee with these babies as well, and I’ve been quite happy with both thus far. :)
Jaime recently posted..Would You Wear- Acid Washed DenimMy Profile

My Chau July 26, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I like acid washed denim…. in grey. Any other color looks wrong :/.
My Chau recently posted..NOTD- NOX Twilight Disco Darling Revlon Cherry Fizz!My Profile

Janine - Alternative Housewife July 26, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I love ‘em – I think they’d look great dressed up a little.
Janine – Alternative Housewife recently posted..Sunday Link LoveMy Profile

sandy July 27, 2010 at 8:55 am

I think they look very cute on you, Ms. Jaime, but then again anything you put on you look good in, so there! As for my 43 year old arse, well, those 80′s acid wash anything is in the past. I have a few pairs of denim that have an acid “shine” to ‘em, but nothing extreme. It just doesn’t work on my old bod, like skinny jeans – just can’t do ‘em. :/

Emily July 28, 2010 at 6:19 am

I love these jeans. Have been thinking about getting some for summer but wasn’t sure – after seeing the photo of you I think I need some in my life! So cute :)
Emily recently posted..Bargain of the Day- Vanessa Bruno Athé sandals from the OutnetMy Profile