Freaky Fashion Trend: Jeggings for Men

by Jaime on June 30, 2010

While I wouldn’t have bet money on this one coming down the pike, it turns out that the newest denim trend for men coming soon is the Jegging.

Now, if there’s one trend I really, REALLY would appreciate C. avoiding, it’s this one. Guys + Super-too-tight Jeans made of Spandex = not good at all. I follow that principle as much as possible.

Well, as it turns out, some designers showing in Milan for Spring 2011 decided against my principle. Versace was definitely the worst offender, but none of these babies are great to look at.

Check out more shots over at Fashionista.com.

What do YOU think about this trend? Would you like your guy wearing it?

Erin June 30, 2010 at 10:39 am

I’d love it, if only for the hours of laughter it’d provide me. Do they even make size 40/42? LOL

It actually doesn’t look too bad on the guy with the burgundy blazer… but he’s gotta be that .0001% exception.
Erin recently posted..DANU is back at Jasmere-My Profile

Kelly June 30, 2010 at 11:46 am

I would laugh hysterically at Loxy (my husband) if he wore those. If I were single, I don’t think I could date a guy who wore skinnier jeans than me either…

April C June 30, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Whatever, I think these guys look FABULOUS and I’m all for the jeggings for men!!!

…ALTHOUGH I also seem to be mostly attracted to gay guys, so maybe that says something

Anonymous July 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm

omg..that is the fugliest thing ive ever seen. seriously some of these designers go to far. hopefully i wont see any men in the street wearing jeggings
recently posted..An Easy Summer Makeup LookMy Profile

wilhelm December 12, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Anti-male bias/bigotry, just like a expensive Swiss watch, is so predictible by cross-dressing, envious females. These same females wantt all the advantages of traditional menswsear for their own gender but not for males. Change the gender fashion bias history the last fifty years with reversal and see how well that would have flown ? Men should have more , not less, fashion options/freedom within menswear than females, that is plain logical. Your anti-male freedom within menswear for males should banish you back to dresses and skirts, your traditional, historical womenswear forever !.

donmarco December 13, 2010 at 8:22 am

The real offensive men’s jeans are those very loose ones that have been worn by ‘hip-hop’ types and wannabees…you know the ones with the pockets half way down the thighs and the underwear showing. These jeans fit, although the ones with feminine add ons are a little much. Also, the myth that skinny jeans, etc. are tight and constricting just means you have the wrong skinny jeans! I am tired of dragging my pants around all day, having all that extra material with frayed hems and dirty from the ground and getting stepped on by myself all day. Skinny jeans and the tighter versions like these are great for those with a build/athletic, sorry couch potatoes!

karl October 27, 2012 at 8:45 am

men should be aloud to wear leggings women wear mens clothes.
Maybe men should be aloud to wear womans skirts & dressess? ???