Denim Trend: The Carrot Fit Jean

by Jaime on June 22, 2010

Miss Sixty Extreme Carrot Fit Jeans

There’s a newer denim trend that hasn’t really hit the celebs yet (though I have seen it on a fashion blogger or two), but seems like it’s starting to creep in. It’s the Carrot Fit jean.

Sounds not so flattering, right? I suppose there’s something to say about comfort, but these jeans – low in the crotch and fitted down from the lower thigh – are not practical for the everyday person. Granted, I’m not sure anyone should really wear these, but I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Actually, that’s too hard… they look too much like harem pants. I just can’t do it.

Would you wear this denim look… and, if so, how would you style it?

April C June 22, 2010 at 5:15 pm

i do not see how these would be comfortable

amy June 22, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Those are horrible!

Renae June 22, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Omigosh! I would never buy those… they couldn’t possibly look right. Oh, and knowing Miss Sixty, they aren’t cheap either!

paula June 23, 2010 at 8:23 am

I just don’t think i can wear anything called “the carrot fit”… a line has to be drawn!!

J @ Alternative Housewife June 24, 2010 at 12:06 am

They are cute, IMO, but they do not look comfortable at all. I hate the feeling when the crotch of my normal jeans drops (even if the waist is in the right place), so I can’t imagine how annoying those would be to wear.
J @ Alternative Housewife recently posted..Unpopular Opinions: CircumcisionMy Profile

Dan June 17, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I think you’re showing an obvious E X T R E M E ! ! ! I just tried on my first pair of “carrot” fit jeans by diesel and I’ve never looked so good. They’re SLIGHTLY lower on the crotch and SLIGHTLY looser on the thigh but they narrow (not tight at all) after that. The jean material is made thick so that the added roominess will not make the jean material show lines. Overall my legs look super dude-like in a very fit way. As if would work out my legs and butt but I don’t! :D