May Denim Report from Elle.com: “Worker’s Comp”

by Jaime on April 29, 2010

Elle took the route of denim overalls this time around, and I’m intrigued for two big reasons:

1. It ties in well with the grunge trends we’ve been seeing for Fall 2010
2. I’m honestly not sure how it will translate into real life.

I can say that I’m not sure I could pull this look off. Sure, it’s fun but I’m not sure how to really wear it. I’d be more likely to try a slimmer, cuffed style like the 7 For All Mankind Josefina Overalls. But, I’m only one person. Tell me: what do YOU think about this trend, and would you wear it?

For more details, and more fun denim tips, head over to Elle.com.

paula April 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Well, you know how I love denim and never say never, because I did embrace the bf trend. However, I have always felt that overalls are frumpy no matter how cool the denim or brand or the person wearing them – so I will be definitely be passing on this one…………..I think.

Tashina April 29, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I love the idea of this look but I Just feel like it’s not a trend that’s easy to pull off. It would be way too easy to look like you are desperately trying to be young.

Karen April 30, 2010 at 1:18 am

Just say no to overalls. Period.

Kelli April 30, 2010 at 7:35 am

I was in high school the last time overalls were in style, and I didn’t wear them then, either. No way.
I don’t care if you do look like a model… pregnant women are the only people over the age of seven that even come close to pulling off this look, and even they should exercise extreme caution.

Sonya April 30, 2010 at 8:41 am

I am not a farmer, a construction worker, or under the age of 12, therefore I am not wearing overalls. I’m with Kelli, I was in high school the last time they were popular. I did have a pair and I can’t believe that I wore them.

Ali April 30, 2010 at 9:39 am

I love overalls, always have… I know they aren’t the most flattering or fashion forward denim, but they are comfy/casual. I wouldn’t wear them all the time or going out, but around the house, to do chores, and run errands — DEFINITELY. However I have not been able to find a decent pair since 1999.

Renae April 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I agree with the others ~ I think I was also in High School (or early college) the last time overalls were really in style. I cringe at how I looked in them when I see the pictures. However, I readily do admit to wearing maternity overalls during my 1st pregnancy all the time (I could never find them during my last (2nd) pregnancy) and they were really comfortable and I could have cared less if I was in style when I was the size of a brick house. Maternity clothes have come a long ways, even in 5 years lol.

I don’t think this will be a trend I’ll do, unless I stumble on a pair that just REALLY look good on me, and I think I might be just a bit too curvy to pull this one off.

~ Renae
.-= Renae´s last blog ..Upcoming Denim Blowout on Beyond the Rack! =-.