Fashion is Booming
Edited by Fashion Pulse Daily
Style cares not about the economy, so we continue on, falling in love with a fabulous pairs of shoes, lbd, and the perfect little cardie. New boutiques, designers, ideas, and innovative, avant garde concepts continue to emerge, and we can’t help but start a new love story with our latest DIY project, amazing vintage find, department store score, or simply a fabulous floral umbrella. And so, as the title suggests, fashion is booming, creativity is soaring, and we can take a big exhale and shove our worries aside – it’s time to allow ourselves to get excited about wearing some new or all-time favorite spring-weather garments and accessories.
As expected, there was a fabulous round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of your eyeballs!
[Note from Jennine] Oh, and if you’re looking for something to do this summer… IFB is looking for interns!
Links à la Mode : April 15th
- 39th and Broadway – An Interview With The Person Who Really Determines How Your Clothes Fit!
- Chic Steals – What happens to a piece of clothing once it is donated to a charity such as Goodwill?
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion - Explores the new Spring/Summer Collection from Stylesmith:
- Denim Debutante – Three Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Your Jeans
- Evoluer – My best friend & I came across mint condition vintage Chanel at the local thrift store!
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Discovers a new way to think about dress via Linda Grant’s ‘The Thoughtful Dresser’
Fasshonaburu - Need inspiration on fun color combination? Try looking at wedding palette articles!
- For Those About to Shop - Breeyn McCarney’s eco-conscious collection finds beauty in despair
- House in Tillford – An interview with two big blogs: learn from their experience on how to grow your own blog
- – Recycled Style Project: DIY paperclip necklace
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Microsoft Launches KIN : The Social Media Phone
- Maple Sucre – The Women x Women Exhibition: Inspiring Young Women to get Behind the Lens
- M.I.S.S. – The Rag Trade: Wear it Now or Wear it Later
- Oranges and Apples - Ways of wearing vintage
- Retro Chick – Video Tutorial: Vintage style victory roll fringe bangs
- Some Kind of Style – Mr. Sartorialist In Town…
- Style Eyes - Couture: What’s the Point?
- The Coveted - March Springs, April Showers…. Floral Umbrella for Spring
- TheWellAppointedCatwalk – Suneri on Newbury
- TheWorkingWardrobe – Battle of the Blazers: 25 different blazers for 25 different styles and body types
- TrueQueen – Can Sweat Pants be Sexy?
- Tweet - Simon Ekrelius: Chalk, Mirrors and Confessions
- Widespread – An Interview with a new SF based store who gathers inspiration from the world