Congrats to Kristy for her guest post being included in this week’s Independent Fashion Bloggers LalM! I’ve gotten such a flood of responses – from email, twitter and on the post itself – and the debate has been positively inspiring! Thanks again to IFB for including Denim Debutante in this week’s list!
Rants & Raves
Edited by Ashe MischiefI was taken aback when going through the submissions this week– there were so many powerful, strong, opinionated pieces that I felt really taken aback. With overwhelming positivity or negativity, the fashion community is finding it’s voice– and making themselves heard!The fashion community is great at sharing the voice of others, and we’ve got several fabulous interviews to prove it. From Derek Lam at Poetic & Chic and White Rabbit’s interview with Irish woman Sinead Doyle (along with my own interview with Amelia Arsenic at Dramatis Personae), there are voices for everyone. We’ve got bloggers ranting on the lack of premium denim in plus-sizes at Denim Debutante (hell yeah!), and some showcasing inspirational figures like KOOS (at M.I.S.S.), Philip Crangi (at Eternal Masquerade), and Maria Felix (at Jewelry Whore).There were so, so many great links this week, it really was hard to narrow it down to 20. Check out the full listing of here.
Links à la Mode : March 18th
- Bachman’s Sparrow – DIY post on how to use bleach to revamp your “unloved” clothes!
- – How To: 10 Creative Ways to Revive Less-Than-Loved Clothing
- Denim Debutante: – Guest Blog: Is there Size Discrimination in Premium Denim?
- dramatis personae: – Amelia Arsenic’s Miss X Aesthetic Laboratories & Interview
- Eternal Masquerade: – How I Met Design Duo of Giles & Brother, Philip and CourtneyCrangi
- Fashion Hippo – Win Marc by Marc Jacobs Leola Bow Wow Handbag
- Fashion Pulse Daily: – Not Your Daughter’s Jeans: Fit for a Mother AND a Daughter?
- – Whiisical spring designs from Camper shoes
- Forty Not Out: – Louis Vuitton – Fall Winter 2010/2011
- Grechen Blogs: – are you incorporating video into your blog? how is it working for you?
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – A New Map of the Two-Way Street: Why Giving Back to the Blogosphere is Key to Growth
- jesse.anne.o: – How do you swap, thrift or buy resale and NOT get bedbugs?
- – “The Fabulous Jewels of Maria Felix, La Dona”
- M.I.S.S.: – Eyes To The Sky: Before BOHO There Was KOOS.
- Obsession: – How I Met Design Duo of Giles & Brother, Philip and Courtney Crangi
- Oranges and Apples: – Sustainable fashion part 2: thinking about speed
- Poetic & Chic: – A candid interview with Derek Lam, fellow San Franciscan and fellow high school alumni!
- Pretty Shiny Sparkly: – It’s leather. It’s quilted. It’s a computer, for fashionistas.
- Style Symmetry: – Interview with the Stylish Sisters of Beckerman Bite Plate
- – An in-depth, critical look at the Russian Futurist themes of Viktor & Rolf’s Fall 2010 show.
- The Working Man: – Incorporating Spring Into Your Working Look
- White Rabbit: – An interview with Irish fashion Designer Sinead Doyle and the inspiration behind her S/S 2010 collection.