Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months, you know just how hot Denim Leggings are right now. Whether you call them “jeggings” or not, this fashion style is here to stay, and to help you get your hands on a fabulous pair is the new brand Robb & Hugo!
Here’s a little background on the designer and the brand:
Robb & Hugo is named after the creator’s twobiggest inspirations, her husband and son. The designer, Angela Kimbegan her love for fashion at the age of 7, learning to sew her firstskirt from her mother. From that point on she knew that one day shewould have her own collection.
Kim graduated from PurdueUniversity and attended the Fashion School of Technology in NYC. Shedesigned in the industry for 12 years before launching her owncontemporary line Robb & Hugo, with her husband in 2008. After the birth of her son, Kim decided to revolve her collectionaround colorful, soft and luxurious knits. With her fabrication choice,comes complete comfort and movement. Details like ruching on the sideof her tees and dresses along with using color blocking, allows eachsilhouette a more slimming appearance.
The Robb & Hugocollection, from choosing the fabrics through every last stitch on thelabel will always proudly be produced in the USA.
Let’s start with the basics: these are a simple, yet extremely flattering pair of black denim-styled leggings. They’re a standard fit (I’m wearing an Extra Small below, and it fits well) and offer quite a bit of stretch in the sizing. Additionally, they’re a great length… wearing these with heels meant that I didn’t even need to cuff the bottoms.
Because they’re a heavier weight and designed to look like a pair of jeans, these really could be worn without a tunic, but that’s a personal preference. I wore mine with a longer sweater to balance it out and was extremely comfortable.
The only major change I’d make with these would be to taper the ankle a little more… as you can tell in the photo, they don’t really hug your ankle the way a standard legging would. But they’re a fabulously comfortable, go-to pair of leggings that really feel like they transcend the “trendy” look of most denim leggings!
Comfort should be my middle name, because I could live in these. Havingto send them back was a terribly heartbreaking experience… and it’sone that, if you win, you’ll NEVER have to go through.
Get your very own pair of Robb & Hugo Denim Leggings, exclusively on DenimDebutante.com!
1. Head over to the Robb & Hugo site and tell me one thing you love about the brand by leaving a comment here.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for EACH entry):
1. Follow Denim Debutante with Google Friend Connect.
2. Sign up for emails. The box is in the upper right corner (if you do notverify your email address, this does not count… so please activateyour account!)
3. Follow Denim Debutante on Bloglovin’.
4. Follow Denim Debutante on Twitter or Fan Denim Debutante on Facebook.
5. Write a blog entry about this giveaway, linking back to this page. For credit, leave a link to your post in the comments.
6. Tweet the following message (up to 5x a day):
“Win a pair of stylish Denim Leggings, only at @DenimDebutante! http://bit.ly/5hYJZw Please RT!”
7. Follow my other blog, nailsoftheday, with Google Friend Connect.
8. Add Denim Debutante to your blogroll.
9. Use the “Share This” button at the bottom of this post to share this on any Social/Bookmarking site (Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc) and comment on where you shared.
10. Vote for Denim Debutante in the G-Star NYFW Promotion (One entry per email address per day… if you have more than one email address, you get multiple entries!).
Good luck! This contest will run through the week and will end on January 18, 2010. Enter now!